Re: [wtp-dev] Jetty server adaptor for WTP?

Greg ,

This would be wonderful. We encourage downloadable server adapters for runtime support. This way you will be able to maintain them at your own pace and standards.

A downloadable server adapter can be based on generic servers (xml defs etc), or custom as in tomcat support. Ofcourse, custom adapters allow you to do more.

You will find multple examples in our CVS, you can also look at the glassfish and geronimo implementations which are good examples of server adapters that are maintained elsewhere.

If you have any equestions, this is the perfect place to ask the questions.
Hi,

I'm the main developer of the Jetty web server and I'd like to help get Jetty included as a supported server within WTP.

I've had a short look at it appears that it is a little more
complex than just configuring an xml file or similar.   Thus I
think it may take me some time to find the time to learn what
needs to be done.

But if there was an existing WTP contributor that was keen to
work with me, then I'm sure I'd be able to contribute whatever
jetty specifics are required.

regards

Greg Wilkins

Naci Dai,