[wtp-dev] Facet integration schedule

Wanted to give people a heads up about our plans to integrate the facet selection UI into the WTP project wizards.

Our goal for this week's I-build is to replace the following wizards:
  J2EE | Enterprise Application Project   with   Web Tools (New) | EAR Project
  Web | Dynamic Web Project   with   Web Tools (New) | Web Project
and add
  J2EE | Utility Project  based on  Web Tools (New) | Utility Project

Note that the wizards will be still be called "Enterprise Application Project" and "Dynamic Web Project", they'll just have a new UI that has the facet selection panel on the second page.    The Web Tools (New) category will go away.  If these changes will break any automated tests or other downstream dependencies, please let us know asap.

Konstantin is currently working on some DataModel factory integration issues with the Web Tools (New) wizards.  Once they are resolved, he will work with Chuck's team to swap in the wizards.

Our goal for next week's I-build is to
 1) add the first page configuration options as spec'd in the thread "RE: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration".   (E.g. the "Add to EAR" checkbox and runtime selection widget)
 2) replace the EJB, Connector, and App Client wizards.  We need implementations of the EJB, Connector, and AppClient facets.

We currently don't have implementation of the EJB, Connector and App Clients assigned to anyone.  It's mainly a matter moving existing wizard code into facet installer delegates; for EJB moving the client jar project choice to a facet config page.  Naci, let us know if you'd interested/able to own the EJB facet work.

Thanks, Ted

tbashor@xxxxxxx

Back to the top