[wtp-dev] Last chance for early feedback on WST component-features

The WST component-features have been building relatively well in the recent
"head" builds at
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/

(I have not done any fine-grained work on implementing in JST yet, but plan to do so soon).

This is a good opportunity, though to "see the real thing" in a build, if you'd like
to download one of the head builds and do a quick sanity check. There's still
some details to work out (like correct license files and "about" file, making builds finish faster :) etc, but as
far as I can tell it is building well enough to plan the move for this week's I-build.

Please take a look (at the head builds, and/or the document at
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/subsystems/SubsystemsAndFeatures.html
and let me know if there is any major issues I've overlooked.

And if I hear no objections, I plan to move it "up" to the released builds on Tuesday.

BTW, I appreciate all the teams that have made quick changes to fix "UI/Core" and other
dependancy issues -- there's nothing like building according to the architecture to enforce
the architecture.

I  believe there's only one remaining one (in WST) is in a rdb.data.core plugin, and for now, I've simply
placed it in the rdb UI feature until it can be fixed [this won't effect WTP .. just RDB's re-usability].
I've been exchanging notes with the RDB team and we believe the required changes are
understood, and its just a question of timing].

I said "early" in the subject, meaning even after in the released builds, there will still
be feedback desired, so feel free.

Back to the top