Re: [wtp-dev] Question on bug reports and patches

Yes, definitely still the way to contribute ... and, if your contribution is not
responded to in a timely fashion, then a query on this list is (still) the appropriate
next step, as you've done.

For these two cases, both the responsible component lead and their project leads have
been relatively unavailable most of this past week, so I suspect they simply went unnoticed

and as for the rest of us  .... well, we have no  excuse.

I've applied these two cleanup patches to HEAD and marked the changes in CVS with the bug
number/summary -- and thanks! They will probably even clear up a few of our minor failing
unit tests:)

In the future,  it would probably be most helpful, if you have something that's minor
but touches lots of files, if you first open the bug/feature request stating your intent
and willingness to help, asking component lead when best time to synch up would be, then
there'd be less risk of you submitting something out of synch with what else component
lead had planned or close to modifying. (In this case, everything synched fine ... so I'm
assuming fits in fine ... but, admittedly, I did sort of blindly, just spot checking and
not testing afterwords, or anything, as a component lead would easily know how to do.).

Thanks for your help.

"Ed Burnette" <Ed.Burnette@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/09/2005 02:08 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Question on bug reports and patches

I submitted a couple of bugzilla reports with patches a few days ago (90539 and 90541) and haven't heard a peep; they're still in the inbox. The patches are probably out of date by now. Is this the right way to contribute?