[wtp-dev] Status Flexible Project Structure... M3/M4 plan corrections

Hi everyone,

The Team in Raleigh is making great strides toward our design and api, and we plan on publishing api specifics tomorrow - I'll send out another notice when available.
Because of the large impact to our existing codebase, and to other dependent teams, we have decided on a plan for M3 that keeps the existing project infrastructure intact,
while introducing a new Flexible project nature that will support the new design. We will add an option in the New Web Project wizard that will add the nature, builder and necessary metadata.
And will add server deployable support for this project type.

Because teams have less than 1 week left before D-Cut we felt this was the most reasonable plan.  Before M3 is released, we will publish a migration document that highlight deprecated classes and api,
and the recommended replacement.

Thanks - Chuck

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)

Back to the top