Re: [wtp-dev] Runtime Types API

Guys,

Thanks for response. One of Pollinate requirements is to supply a runtimes and embedded server with plugin distribution. Right now I'm playing with runtimes mostly. My goal is to provide "embedded" runtime, that during project creation time will automatically include all necessary libraries in classpath (based on the project wizard settings, for example).

But I'm still confused: how then Enterprise Application that could have many modules/projects contribute their runtimes when publishing on the server?

I would expect more flexibility from runtimes:

- contributing set of libraries to the project classpath (obvious case)
- contributing builders to the project (for example, XMLbeans builder or PageFlow builder) - contributing project resources (standard types of the resources like taglibs or configuration files)

Is that what the RuntimeTargetHandler is for? So then, how it relates to RuntimeTypes?

Thanks,
Alex.

Gorkem Ercan wrote:

Alex, You can have a runtime similiar to J2EE runtime for Pollinate that has
J2EE libraries and Beehive libraries(struts,xmlbeans).  You can
publish and test this project/module with any other server you create
although the configured Runtime for the project is your pollinate
runtime. From a modules view a Runtime provides the libraries to be
compiled against. You can choose the server you wish to publish to at
publish time.
Gorkem Ercan