[vtp-dev] Problem with saving a palette element's configuration

Hi,

I am trying to do some modifications to the eclipse vtp plugin. I wanted to allow insert and update database operations in a call flow. Therefore I thought of adding a new element to the palette. I studied the database query element in the palette and tried to add a new palette named database update. In the property panel of this element, there is
  • source database properties panel and
  • update columns (similar to the criteria panel used in the database query element)

My problem is this.

I select a database, then a table and then columns to be updated and I click Ok in the panel. Then the window get closed. But, when I come to the properties window again, my previously set values are not there.

I have an information provider and there are readConfiguration and wrireConfiguration methods as in the DatabaseQueryInformationProvider.

I have done almost everything similar to database query element.

Can somebody please tell me, how the config data in the properties panel are saved and how they are read when the panel is reopened.

I see that, when I click the Ok button my xml file does not show that there is a change to be saved. It seems like it does not see the configurations I do in the "Database Update" elements properties panels.

Thanks,
Amila.

Back to the top