[vtp-dev] Missing plugins in WAR file

I currently have an older version of the VTP up and running on Eclipse 3.2.2. It is running well and I am very happy with it.

Now I am trying to get the newest version running on Eclipse 3.4.2 using the current Subversion baseline. I can get the desktop to run OK but am having trouble with the WAR file. When I export the WAR file it appears to export OK but it does not contain the 3rd  party plugins like Axis, etc. so the deployment fails in Tomcat. I have written a hack to get around this issue, but it still concerns me that I may be missing a fundamental point here.

I have traced this down to the org.eclipse.vtp.desktop.projects.core.Exporter.java module. The call to getBundles() returns a different format now than it did with the previous version of the VTP that I have running. In the old VTP it returned:

update@../../vtp development/org.eclipse.vtp.framework.util/

However, the call to getBundles() in the new VTP returns an absolute path format of:

reference:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/joht04/My Documents/Projects/VTP3/vtp development/org.eclipse.vtp.framework.util/

I can hack my way around this by changing the PlugIn class method install() and can successfully get the jar files into the WAR file by doing so. But I feel like I am missing a fundamental point here. I’m assuming someone tested this and it worked for them. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Back to the top