Re: [vtp-dev] Problem with PlayPrompt before OptionSet

This is true.  However, a voice browser typically reads ahead in the
application until it reaches a waiting state (field, menu, record) before
beginning to execute that section of the application.  You can think of an
application broken into segments each consisting of a virtual turn that can
span multiple pages:

----Turn 1-----
Page 1. Form->Block->Prompt
Page 2. Form->Block->Prompt
        Form->Block2->Prompt
Page 3. Menu
----Turn 1 End----

----Turn 2----
Page 4. Form->Block->Prompt
        Form->Field
----Turn 2 End----

In the example, the first 3 pages are read before the prompt on page 1 is
played.  Each prompt is queued up and the system begins listening for Menu
input.  Voice bargeins are available as there are no "page transitions"
while the prompts are playing.  This of course is an over simplification of
the process but it outlines the general process.  Not all platforms operate
in this way but it is rather common to see.

What voice browser are you using with loquendo?

Trip Gilman