Re: [vtp-dev] platform requirements, etc.

Title: Re: [vtp-dev] platform requirements, etc.
Mike,

    The unofficial target platform matrix looks something like this:

Fading support means that I’m less concerned about maintaining backwards compatibility
with the items listed.  The primary target versions and platforms are fair game for developers.
The only caveat here is I’d like to avoid using any java language features not backwards
compatible with 1.5.  On a whole, I think the majority of the codebase is actually still
compatible with 1.4.  Upcoming targets are things on the horizon that we will need to start
testing/evaluating.
    Currently, the designer is targeted to work on all three major operating systems and does
as far as I know.  I’ve recently moved to Eclipse 3.3 and am using the latest subversive
plugin.  This is a very nicely done add-on and with a few of the new items in 3.3, the migration
is well worth the effort.
    The plan is to maintain compatibility with the current release of the eclipse platform, and
 the 2 most recent Java runtimes.  I don’t foresee the operating system list changing any time soon.

Trip