[vtp-dev] Active Projects Update

Title: Active Projects Update

Here's an update on the progress towards the current efforts and projects:

Long Running Efforts

UI Usability
Randy has had a lot of great feedback on this subject.  If you guys have
suggestions or ideas don’t hesitate to post them.

Documentation
I know Randy is also actively going through the user manual.  As soon as its
finalized, I’ll have him post it here for review before we throw it into the
documents area.
    I’ve been trying to concentrate on the documentation of the classes I
touch while doing other things.  Though this isn’t the most efficient way
of doing things, it’s a little easier for myself.

Language Support
I am currently authoring a tutorial for crafting language packs for our
voice formatter framework.  This documentation should make the
creation of language packs much easier for those not intimately
familiar with the API.

Current Projects

Extended Error Path Support
This project is somewhat on hold waiting for the runtime work to be
completed.  Also, Randy discovered a nasty backwards compatibility
issue that should probably be resolved before merging this back
into the trunk.

JVoiceXML Launcher
I haven’t heard an update on how this is going.  Any of you guys want to
give us the rundown?

Complete Initial Theme Support
I’ve got the property page put in.  It’s rather rough and semi useless with
only one theme available.  I am working on a second theme but I wanted
to include some different visual elements in it to show off the capabilities
of the API.

Printing Support
I know this was listed as a Proposed Project...but I stumbled upon this tiny
little article on the subject and thought I’d give it a quick shot.  Turned out
to be much easier than I thought it was going to be.
    Randy has already identified one issue on Windows that I’ve fixed, but
there needs to be a whole lot of testing as the number operating
system/printer combinations out there is staggering.  And here’s hoping
our blue ink cartridges will forgive us...

Regards,
Trip Gilman
Voice Tools Project Lead

Back to the top