Re: [vtp-dev] Project meta data is out of date fortechnology.voicetools

Out of the various SVN usage methods, at bluestone we use an 'unstable'
trunk and 'stable' branches.  This method is great for very fast
development speeds as well as a great product release cycle.  Everyone just
commits early and often to trunk, it almost doesn't matter if it's broken.
Then as it gets towards release time, the trunk is fixed up as much as
possible for the release and then branched.  That new release branch is
only for the release, so therefore only bug fixes go in.  After the branch
is made, development on the trunk continues as well as bug fixes from the
branch are merged into the trunk.  The advantage of this method is that
each branch is a basically a throw away.  For example a quick fix can be
put into the branch but the better fix can be put into the trunk.  Once the
next release is done, that old quick fix is never seen again.

Each SVN method stems from what your goals are.  If your goals aren't the
same, then this method may not be the best.

Scott