[vtp-dev] More on Tellme Studio

Last week I posted a note to this list wherein I offered to continue to work on the Tellme Launcher plugin for VTP 2.0. I said there that my contacts at Tellme had indicated no plans to discontinue the Studio after the Microsoft buyout of Tellme. Yesterday I got confirmation from a contact at Tellme that they intend to keep Studio going for a long time. They have no plan to discontinue. That is good news.

I had not visited the Studio site in quite awhile, but I got on yesterday and noticed that there has been a new capability added in August 2007. That capability is called Mumble, and is an interesting tool for analyzing, documenting, and creating/managing/running test suites for VXML applications. It would be interesting to see how such a capability might be leveraged in the VTP world. I am thinking, though, that it might be limited because it is definitely biased to static VXML apps. The tool is able to read VXML files from a URL and generate the call flow from the actual implementation. Then using cyclomatic complexity analysis, it is able to help the developer choose how many test cases are required. Down the road, the tool can also track the test suites as they are run and report call flow diagram coverage of the test cases.

It would be interesting to hear your opinions.

-- Mike

Back to the top