[vtp-dev] RE: I have returned from vacation

Sounds good. I am at home today but we can go over what's changed. You've summarized it pretty well, but here are a few comments on the changes:

- The externalization of strings I did was a quick job and needs to be eventually cleaned up as the project grows; this goes for the entire VTP codebase. "Error " + name + " detected" type code should really be MessageFormat.format("Error {0} detected").

- I changed the 'call completed' dialog to be a log event so you could automatically drive the browser if need be. It's not perfect; other cases pop dialogs up. But I wanted something that would work well for simple cases and would be minimally invasive to the codebase.

- Trim the log to remove events related to redirecting from the scratchpad. You might remember I tried this out. I kept using it locally and it was working very well so I put it in. Along with this I added some simple eventing. Like the dialog issue my hope is that these will enable examples to be built that take advantage of the infrastructure.

- There ended up being two getting started guides; the one you put together in .tellme.doc and the one I put together for the web site. I think they both need to be merged together eventually, but there was no time to sort that out and so I cleaned up the opening paragraphs of mine and put it under Getting Started in the online help. If I recall yours was more in depth in the prerequisites and mine was more in depth inside Eclipse. Yours is still there but I commented out the table of contents.

- One thing you missed that I was proud to get in: moving the text in the launch configuration dialog to links so you can click on them. It had been in the back of my mind for months. We'll have to see how this works on other platforms.

--
Brent D. Metz
Enterprise Voice Tools

"Michael Greenawalt" <mgreenawalt@xxxxxxxxxx>

02/27/2006 08:02 PM

Brent D Metz/Boca Raton/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
RE: I have returned from vacation

Brent –

I have taken a look at the comparisons of the current source of the tellme plugin with what I have. Looks like you have been busy! I see a lot of extractions of strings, and I notice you changed the dialog at call completion as well as trimming down the log content. I would like you to go over what you changed, as some may conflict with the “to do” list I left behind to resume work on.

Also, I cannot find the documentation material that I put together at the very last. What is up with that? The release candidate is missing the info on setting up Skype, etc.

Back to the top