[vtp-dev] Stopping behavior of launcher

There is a problem in the current Tellme Browser that happens occasionally where pressing the Stop button in the Browser Input View will result in the call ending with TWO dialog boxes saying that the Stop button was pressed.

There are a couple of threads running, one monitoring the phone call, and one monitoring the delivery of the event logs from the webserver. When Stop is pushed, both threads should check for that condition, and should coordinate their shutdown. The two dialogs happen when each thread is stopping and thinks it is the last thread to stop.

OK, that should not be too hard to fix, but how *should* it behave? Should pressing Stop mean:

--  Stop the world, I want off. Kill the call and stop collecting logs immediately, or

--  Stop the call, but continue to collect and report the logs that have been generated up to this point

As for me, I usually press Stop when I have seen enough, or things are completely messed up or whatever, and I don’t care about remaining logs. But others may have differing opinions.

What’s yours?

-- Mike

Back to the top