[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[virgo-dev] About Virgo on Widows 10
- From: Giamma <gm.romanato@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 12:40:58 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As we know the Equinox version included in Virgo 3.7 has troubles autodetecting the Windows version when >= 8.1, which results in resolution failures for bundles with native windows libraries.
We also discussed that the problem could be worked around by setting the system property os.name
=win32 before starting Virgo.
I was wondering if we could fix the problem in this way for 3.7.0:
- for the server, detect the windows version the bat files used for launching virgo and if >=8.1 then set the system property
- in the IDE, detect the windows version via Eclipse support and set the system property in the launch configuration
What do you think?
Gian Maria Romanato
<gm.romanato (at) gmail (dot) com>