Re: [virgo-dev] About Virgo on Widows 10

What happened to the efforts to move Virgo up to a post Luna release of Equinox?

Tom

From:        Giamma <gm.romanato@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        “virgo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx” <virgo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        12/15/2016 05:41 AM
Subject:        [virgo-dev] About Virgo on Widows 10
Sent by:        virgo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

As we know the Equinox version included in Virgo 3.7 has troubles autodetecting the Windows version when >= 8.1, which results in resolution failures for bundles with native windows libraries.

We also discussed that the problem could be worked around by setting the system property os.name=win32 before starting Virgo.

I was wondering if we could fix the problem in this way for 3.7.0:
  • for the server, detect the windows version the bat files used for launching virgo and if >=8.1 then set the system property
  • in the IDE, detect the windows version via Eclipse support and set the system property in the launch configuration

What do you think?

Giamma.
--
Gian Maria Romanato