Re: [ve-dev] Linking VE with the eclipse3.2

Hi,

For future questions about installing/using VE, please use the eclipse.tools.ve newsgroup. This mailing list is for the developers of VE. Thanks.

My suggestion is don't use the zips, use the Callisto update site instead. This will download and automatically install correctly the plugins.

If you have Eclipse 3.2 installed, go to Help->Software Updates->Find and Install... Then select Search for new fetures to install..., hit next. Select the Callisto discovery site and hit Finish.  When it comes back after selecting your mirror site, expand the Callisto line, and then the Graphic Editors and Frameworks line. Then check the VE, hit the Select Required... button, and then complete the install. The VE will now be properly installed.

Use the New->Java->Visual Class wizard to create a visual class. You can open any class in the VE by using Open With->Visual Editor from the class's popup menu.

Rich

"Ajith Jose" <ajithj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/10/2006 07:22 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Linking VE with the eclipse3.2

Dear Sir,

How do I link  the new VE with my eclipse 3.2. I have donloaded  the EMF,GE,GEF files.

I am confused about the various steps involved in linking the VE with eclipse3.2 .

I tried to unzip and  place the VE jar files into the plugins directory of the eclipse3.2 , but it didn't work.

Could any one please send me a step by step approach to link eclipse3.2  with VE

Regards,

Ajith

The Distillery Pty Limited
ABN 69 080 932 467
P.O. Box 940
Dickson ACT, 2602.
Australia
Phone: +61 2 6272 0200
Fax: +61 2 62625151
Web: www.thedistillery.com.au

The information contained in this email and any files attached may be confidential and/or copyrighted information of The Distillery, Third Parties and/or the intended recipient and may be the subject of legal privilege or public interest immunity. You may only reproduce or distribute the material if you are expressly authorised by us to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is strictly forbidden.

If you have received this document in error or are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your Inbox and/or system.

The Distillery does not represent or warrant that files attached to this e-mail are free from computer viruses or other defects and liability is limited to the resupply (or cost of resupply) of the attached files.