[ve-dev] VE Model reuse

Title: VE Model reuse

Hi,
I am looking at the feasability of extending VE for Groovy using the SwingBuilder class. Swingbuilder uses the following syntax to build a gui based on javax.swing components;-

swing = new SwingBuilder();
gui = swing.frame(title:'Test 2', size:[400,200]) {
    panel(layout:new FlowLayout()) {
        panel(layout:new FlowLayout()) {
            for (name in ["Tom", "Harry", "Bill"]) {
                checkBox(text:name);
            }
        }

        panel(layout:new FlowLayout()) {
            comboBox(items:["Red", "Green", "Blue", "Orange"],
                     selectedIndex:2);
        }
    }
}

I realise that I will have to write a parser/codegenerator to build an EMF model. However will it be possible to reuse the existing VE EMF model? If so where do I find a definition for this? If not, can you give any tips for building a cutomized EMF model?

Thanks,
Cathy Scott

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects. Napier University does not accept liability for any loss
or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the
University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.

Back to the top