Re: [ve-dev] creationClassURI

Joe Winchester wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
> You don't need to do any more than just change the creationClassURI to
> point to your package and class.  For example, if your class is
> com.mypackage.Foo then your entry would be
>
> creationClassURI="java:/com.mypackage#Foo".
>
> the java:/ is important as is the package name.  Do you have both of
> them defined correctly ?

yes I did, here is my mypalettebeanscats.xmi:

<xmi:XMI xmi:version="2.0"
    xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI";
    xmlns:ecore="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore";
    xmlns:palette="http:///org/eclipse/ve/internal/cde/palette.ecore";
    xmlns:utility="http:///org/eclipse/ve/internal/cde/utility.ecore";>
<palette:CategoryCmp>
    <categoryLabel xsi:type="utility:ConstantString" string="MyPalette"/>
        <cmpGroups xsi:type="palette:GroupCmp">
            <cmpEntries xsi:type="palette:AnnotatedCreationEntry"
xmi:id="entry2"
icon16Name="platform:/plugin/org.test.mypalette/icons/mypanel16.gif">
                <objectCreationEntry
xsi:type="palette:EMFCreationToolEntry"
creationClassURI="java:/org.test.mypalette#MyPanel"/>
                <entryLabel xsi:type="utility:ConstantString"
string="MyPanel"/>
                <values xmi:type="ecore:EStringToStringMapEntry"
key="org.eclipse.ve.internal.cde.core.nameincomposition" value="my own
JPanel"/>
            </cmpEntries>
      </cmpGroups>
</palette:CategoryCmp>
</xmi:XMI>

this file should function because everything else does, the icon is
there the new palette category (this is the template from : Extending
The Visual Editor:Enabling support for a custom widget), and like
mentioned before when I use creationClassURI="java:/javax.swing#JPanel"
then my button produces JPanels like expected. I want to test MyPanel in
my runtime-EclipseApplication and I am choosing "Choose Bean" from the
palette, typing MyPanel but it isn't there, shouldn't it be there? I
have tested this thourougly and created my project often but the
experience is the same. The directory structure is the following:

user@linux:~/Workspace$ ls org.test.mypalette/bin/org/test/mypalette/
MyPanel.class  MypalettePlugin.class

user@linux:~/Workspace$  ls org.test.mypalette/
META-INF  bin  build.properties  icons  palette  plugin.xml  src

user@linux:~/Workspace$  ls org.test.mypalette/src/org/test/mypalette/
MyPanel.java  MypalettePlugin.java

And in this testcase there is no error org .log, like yesterday.

So Thank you for your time

Ali Ikinci

Back to the top