[ve-dev] Warning: READ this if you have extracted VE code through CVS into your workspace

Hi everyone,

A change has just been made that if you caught up with you will get a bunch of red-X's. The way to handle this is after you catch up and the build completes and you get the red-X's, go to Window->Preferences->Plugin Development->Target Platform, and do a reload of the target, close the dialog, and then when the build is completed run a Clean All Projects build. When this second build is complete it should be ok.

What was changed was:
  1. The plugins were converted to the new 3.1 MANIFEST.MF format. The advantages of this is that when Eclipse comes up the first time on configuration it goes to each plugin and sees if it has a MANIFEST.MF. If it does, fine it goes on to the next one. If it does not find one, then it reads you entire jar file trying to find all of the packages, and then it creates its own MANIFEST file from that. It is most efficient to not require Eclipse to do that.
  2. I had to turn on the "Serializable class does not have a serialize ID" as an error instead of ignore. We had a lot of these and they were being flagged in the build. So to prevent them from going into the build they are now marked as errors during development. I've fixed all of the current ones. If you see one in the future the fix is easy. Select the error in the class, do ctrl+1 (code assist) and select "add generated id" and then save the class.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to the top