From: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rich Kulp
Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2004 19:49
To: ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ve-dev] Disabling swing Palette

Janak,

As for the problem with the palette, I'm thinking of doing this. What do you think? Please let me know so that I can start developing it.

I'm thinking of changing the IVEContributor so that it has a two-pass contribution.

Pass 1 would be to contribute categories. During this call, only categories can be added. Contributor should not move, or remove any other categories

After all contributors had a chance to add categories they will be called back with pass 2. In this pass they may move or remove categories. They mustn't add any cats. at this time. This will give everyone a chance to see the full list.

In both passes the order the contributors are called is still undetermined. This isn't any determined order that makes sense for this that I can think of.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to the top