Re: [ve-dev] Few questions

"Janak Mulani" <janak.mulani@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/07/2004 04:55 PM

Please respond to
ve-dev

"ve-Dev@Eclipse. Org" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Dr Gili Mendel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
[ve-dev] Few questions

Dear VE team,

With your help, we are making slow but sure progress in porting ULC VE from
0.5.0 to 1.0.0.

It appears that a lot has changed since VE 0.5.0. The distance between VE
0.5.0 and VE 1.0 seems greater than that between VE of WSAD 5.0.1 and VE
0.5.0.

We are trying to understand the nature of changes by debugging the old and
new code and adapting our code accordingly.

At present we are based on VE 1.0 M2.
-------------------------------------

We will be grateful if you could answer the following:

1) When is the final release of VE 1.0 due?
--- We are winding up right now.

2) Which parts the code  is still being worked upon and which parts are
likely to see major changes till the release?
--- Most of it is stable at this point. We are only putting MUST-FIX changes in.

3) What major changes will be part of the  final release?

--- There shouldn't be any more, hopefully. You did get my note about
childFeature changing to linkType, right? That is one major change, but
only in your override files.

4) Should we continue our porting activity now or should we wait till the
final release?

--- Just continue, depending on what driver of 1.0 you are porting to the
changes will be larger. The latest will have the smallest number changes between
it and the final release.

5) Assuming that there is a core VE on top of which the Swing and SWT VEs
are built, what (major) changes did you make to port the Swing VE from VE
0.5.0 to VE 1.0.0?

--- That I can't answer. That was mostly by others.

Thanks and regards,

Janak