RE: [ve-dev] How about separating the UI frame codes from those c ontrol codes?

>   Hi everyone there! I'm new to this mailing list.
>   First must say you've done a great job, that's what I'm
> looking for since
> I've met with those boring swing matters, you know, especially those
> layouts. Being a java newbie, I'm totally unfamiliar with
> layouts, heh.
>
>   And I've had the idea of separating UI codes from my "true
> source codes"
> after using VE for about 2 days. That idea is not new, it's
> copied from the
> .frm file used in Delphi, they use them to describe the form layouts,
> components, etc.
> <snip/>

Yes, this is something we've been talking about.  XSWT, an XML format for
describing SWT layouts, has been proposed as a UI markup language.  Doing
this is mainly a matter of someone making time to add support for it.  Would
you like to?  <g>

Regards,

Dave

Back to the top