From: Joe Winchester [mailto:WINCHEST@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 5:54 AM
To: ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ve-dev] How about separating the UI frame codes from those control codes?

I think the idea of separating XML from the Java code is a great one.  What the VE does right now is code for existing runtimes, so our focus now is on archiving to a .java file.    If there was a good runtime for XML serialization separate from the event handling logic the VE could be made to tool for this, and in fact its architecture is designed to allow for this kind of scenario.

So, is the debate one of a runtime architecture or do you have one you'd like to see the VE tool for ?

Also - this kind of discussion is possibly better to take place on the newsgroup forum as opposed to this mailing list.  The topic has been broached before but it really needs someone to lead and champion it, and while I'm sure you will find no shortage of people interested in debating it on the forum the hard part is turning this into concrete development items,

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Please respond to ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx