Re: [ve-dev] Classpath Container Contributions

To help out with things like SWT, where they can be either separate or a plugin, I'm suggesting the following addition to the specs.

In each of the extension points (proxy contributor, BeanInfo contributor, VE contributor) we have id="container id". I suggest we make this optional, and have another optional attribute plugin="plugin-id". What this means is that if the current project is a plugin under development, then for contributions that have a plugin id specified, and that plugin id is visible to the current project as a required plugin (or recursively exported), then that contribution would be applied.

That way for the SWT contributions, we can also add plugin='org.eclipse.swt' and so if that plugin was visible, the SWT contributions would be available to that project without the user making extra work to indicate to us it is to be applied in their plugin project.

This would allow contribution developers to also easily contribute if they are contributing a plugin to be developed against and not just beans.

Thanks,
Rich

Back to the top