Re: [ve-dev] Re: [Design] Init string parsing

Here is the UML (in the attached PDF file) for the parse tree design.

Some changes from the previous note are:

  • We have a special _expression_ node called "InvalidExpression". This will be used with a message in it whenever the _expression_ is too complicated. Yup, we still can get too complicated expressions. Though they can be parsed, there is no way for us to evaluate them. For example an anonymous declaration.
  • We're not supporting anonymous declaration. Instead, if this is seen during AST conversion we will create an InvalidExpression with a message that we don't handle anonymous classes.
  • We created an _expression_ node called "Name". This is used in place of SimpleName and QualifiedName. Turns out we still need these because they can show up as expressions.
  • Types aren't a separate node. Turns out wherever a type was required was spelled out explicitly and we could simply use an EMF string attribute instead as the type. We already have code that is smart enough to take a string and figure out quickly if it is a primitive, class, or array class.

Thanks,
Rich