Re: [uml2-dev] UML XML Schema

celio,

The XMI schema for UML2 is included in the model folder of the org.eclipse.uml2 plug-in (UML2XMI.xsd). As you've discovered, the schema isn't really all that useful since things like multiple inheritance, which aren't supported in XSD, will throw off most off-the shelf validators...

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

"goiania goias" <goianiag@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: uml2-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/12/2004 03:11 PM

Please respond to
uml2-dev

uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[uml2-dev] UML XML Schema

how can I get the UML XML Schema which is used in EMF?

Also, when I genereate the XML XMI Schema from EMF, the multiple inheritance
is not captured.
For instance, suppose a class A which is a subclass of B and C. Using EMF
"Generate Schema" from <<project>>.genmodel, where <<project>> is the name
of my project, I will get a schema similar to that one:

<xsd:complexType name="A">
                                 <xsd:complexContent>
                                                  <xsd:extension base="B"/>
                                 </xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

but, no relationship will be generated to Class C. I know XML Schema does
not support multiple inheritance. However, UML 2 do use multiinheritance to
define UML 2 metal model. How does it done?

celio