From: ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ui-best-practices-working-group-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:19 AM
To: User Interface Architecture Working Group
Cc: eclipse.org-planning-council
Subject: Re: [ui-best-practices-working-group] UI Best PracticesWorking GroupProposal to the Planning Council (Draft)

Bob and all,
The presentation to the Planning Council didn't go as well as one would have hoped for a few reasons:

  • It would have been better to do the presentation in person because there were questions that the document could not answer. The Planning Council would like you to present in person on our next conference call. (See the minutes.)
  • A concern about making an unknown set of requirements mandatory.
  • A concern about the reviews happening too late in the development process (at Release Review time) to make any difference at all in the development.

However, the Planning Council is very pleased that this effort is underway and looks forward to the in-person report.

- Bjorn

by email and then delete it.

Back to the top