Re: [tycho-user] Junit5 tests no longer found with Tycho 2.2

@Dirk it would eb good to add your observations to the mentioned wiki-page so it does not gets lost.

Am 17.02.21 um 06:46 schrieb Fauth Dirk (XC-ECO/ESM1):
Not sure if this fixes your issues, but when I started migrating to JUnit 5 I also faced some weird issues. Maybe because I have JUnit 4 tests running at the same time as JUnit5.

I followed this wiki page:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/JUnit5 <https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/JUnit5>

Then I executed the following steps:

- add JUnit5 library to project build path

- add the following packages to Imported-Packages to be able to run JUnit4 and JUnit5 tests from within the IDE and via Tycho

   - org.junit (4.12.0)

   - org.junit.jupiter.api (5.1.0)

- Ensure that the JUnit5 library is above the Plug-in Dependencies in the build path

Especially the last step, checking the position of the JUnit5 library in the build path, took me a while and fixed some issues. I can’t remember the exact issues so I don’t know if this helps you. But I wanted to share it so you can check if you are facing a similar issue.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

*Dirk Fauth*

Cross-Domain Computing Solutions, Cross Automotive Platforms - System, Software and Tools Engineering Engineering Software Methods and Tools1 (XC-ECO/ESM1) Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 30 02 40 | 70442 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com <www.bosch.com> Tel. +49 711 811-57819 | Telefax +49 711 811 | Dirk.Fauth@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Dirk.Fauth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>