[tycho-user] Class file compatibility/Execution Environment Issue

Hi,

I'm using Tycho 1.3 to compile some plugins on the eclipse ci infrastructure. The plugins all specify Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8 in their manifest files.

When I download and test the files I get class file incompatibility errors: The class files are compiled for Java 9, and I'm running java 8.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Execution_Environments

mentions that the header field is taking precedence over the default, so I'm not sure what's going on here?

Thanks for hints,
Felix

--
Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.