Re: [tycho-user] Build plugin and source-plugin from pre-built jar's and source folder

On 2017-08-23 14:00, DELHELLE Anthony wrote:
Hi,

I think I did what you want in my project using the Eclipse-SourceBundle
instruction in the manifest of the source plugin.

I bundled my jar in a plugin org.pluginId, declaring 2 jar (jar1.jar et
jar2.jar) in Bundle-ClassPath of Manifest and exposing it using
Export-Package. I also used the Eclipse-BundleShape: dir instruction (don't
know if it was necessary).
I bundled the sources in another plugin and I used the Eclipse-SourceBundle:
org.pluginId;version="1.0.0";roots:=" jar1, jar2". I also used the
Eclipse-BundleShape: dir instruction (don't know if it was necessary).
I bundled all in a feature and update site which works perfectly.

Thanks for that idea, unfortunately it did not work out for me - I did get a source bundle that looked ok but for some reason Eclipse was still not able to figure out the location. However googling a bit for Eclipse-SourceBundle made me find an Eclipse project having essentially the same 'problem'. org.eclipse.pde.core include pde-ant.jar inside a subdirectory and the corresponding - generated - source bundle includes the sources. I didn't verify wether the sources can be accessed, but I'd assume someone would've noticed it does not.

Inspecting the setup it appears the Eclipse/PDE folks worked around the lack of support for configuring those roots-entries in Tycho by letting Tycho build the sources as part of the build but then not include the resulting class files in the bundle. Instead the pre-built jar is included, but since Tycho has seen and built the sources it'll generate the necessary Eclipse-BundleSource entry with the additional root path.

So I'll try that route now as well (though the sources seem to not build out of the box).

Andreas

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing

Back to the top