De : tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
De la part de Andreas Pakulat
Envoyé : jeudi 10 août 2017 12:51
À : Tycho user list
Objet : Re: [tycho-user] Build plugin and source-plugin from pre-built jar's
and source folder

Hi,

just after sending that mail I realized I did not yet try to unpack the jar
file into my plugin.
It turns out that does work - but really only when putting the
packages/classes at the root of the plugin. It does not work to keep things
in a subfolder and use the Bundle-ClassPath option in the manifest - the
resulting plugin will not expose the classes it appears (dependent plugins
show compile errors for those classes loaded from the
third-party-library-plugin).

Thats going to get a bit messy when wanting to update the thirdparty jars or
even just when a given thirdparty dependency consists of multiple jars.

Andreas

On 2017-08-10 12:05, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for that idea. I did not see a particular reason to keep the
> sources packed, so I simply went with unpacked sources in a srcroot
> folder in the plugin project that also carries the (packed) jar.
> Unfortunately the resulting source bundle is not being used by Eclipse
> when using these bundles as part of the target platform.
>
> I'm attaching a small sample project showing what I've tried. It
> carries a plugin with the jar file and a srcroot folder thats being
> added to the source bundle (I stripped the sources down to reduce the
> size). In addition a feature and p2 repository are created so the
> plugins can be used in a target platform definition. I've added that
> repository into my target platform and as a dependency of a plugin. I
> can now use code like
>
> import org.restlet.resource.ClientResource;
> ClientResource resource = new ClientResource( URI.create("") );
>
> but I cannot jump to the code of the ClientResource class in Eclipse.
>
> Anybody can spot where I'm misunderstanding how this should work?
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2017-08-10 10:54, Henrik Steudel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a working approach for us:
>>
>> We assume that source archives are packaged as either zip or jar in a
>> folder "lib-src" (${lib.src.folder}) located beneath the bundle root.
>> If such a folder exists, a profile gets activated:
>>
>>  	*  The source archives are unzipped into a surrogate "srcroot"
>> (${src.root.folder}) folder by an ANT script.
>>  	*  The standard source bundle plugin settings are extended to
>> include this surrogate folder as additional sources.
>>
>>  Then you will get a ordinary source bundle which looks and feels
>> just like your own source bundles.
>>
>> Hints: You need to make sure that the source archive contains the
>> sources at the archive's root level, i.e. the package folders need to
>> start at root. I had to manually change some archives to adhere to
>> this structure.
>> Also, the below definition excludes archives with an "all" part which
>> are often containing a lot of non-source-related files.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Kind regards
>> Henrik
>>
>> Maven Parent POM:
>>
>> <properties>
>>         <!--folder name to extract ext sources from -->
>>         <lib.src.folder>lib-src</lib.src.folder>
>>         <src.root.folder>srcroot</src.root.folder>
>> </properties>
>>
>>     <profile>
>>             <id>unzip-src</id>
>>               <activation>
>>                 <file>
>>                     <exists>${lib.src.folder}</exists>
>>                 </file>
>>               </activation>
>>             <build>
>> <plugins>
>>                     <plugin>
>>                         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>>                         <version>1.8</version>
>>                         <executions>
> [...]

Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing