Re: [tycho-user] Mirrror miss strategy

If you have the professional edition of Artifactory you can enable P2 aggregation in a virtual repository. We do this to setup a Virtual Repository that aggregates about a dozen eclipse.org Software Sites for each major release of Eclipse we target, and IUs are cached from eclipse.org on demand. Our developers then use only our Artifactory for P2 repository definitions. For optimal results you should have these repositories configured similar to this

Virtual Repository

  P2 - Enabled

 P2 - Remote P2 Repositories

    http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.4 > Add

    http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/releases/2.1.1 > Add

Remote Repository

Basic Settings - URL - http://download.eclipse.org

Packages - P2 Repository Support – enabled

If you don’t already have a Remote Repository like for all of download.eclipse.org like this, then when you add the first Remote P2 to the Virtual Repository it should create one for you. The purpose of having the singular Remote Repository for the whole site is you then have one shared cache that all Virtual Repositories use.

If you named the above Virtual Repository ‘eclipse-luna’ then you could use http://artserver.example.com/artifactory/eclipse-luna as the URL of your P2 layout repository in your pom.xml.