From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian.Pontesegger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2015 10:43
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Mirrror miss strategy

Hi,

in our company we are using artifactory for p2 mirrors. Our Tycho builds now use target platforms pointing to eg eclipse.org and we define mirrors in our maven settings.

Now we also have some update sites that change quite frequently and artifactory is sometimes not fast enough to pick up that changes. It seems that Tycho contacts the main update site for a repository list and then tries to fetch jars from the mirror. Am I correct with this assumption?

We then run into problems when some new artifacts are not available on our local mirror. Is there a way to tell Tycho: "if the mirror does not provide the requested file, download it from the original repo"?

Thanks
Christian

Back to the top