[tycho-user] Toolchains jdkHome inconsistency between Tycho and plain Maven

Hi,

I have a toolchain configuration that looks like the following:

>   <toolchain>
>      <type>jdk</type>
>      <provides>
>          <id>JavaSE-1.8</id>
>      </provides>
>      <configuration>
>         <jdkHome>/opt/jdk1.8.0_05/jre</jdkHome>
>      </configuration>
>   </toolchain>

This works fine with the tycho-compiler-plugin and
<useJDK>BREE</useJDK>. Unfortunately, this does *not* work with the
maven-compiler-plugin, with the toolchain being set through
>maven-toolchains-plugin:toolchain.

The toolchain is matched correctly, as you can see by the following
output, but then something goes wrong:

> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) @ ... ---
> [INFO] Toolchain in compiler-plugin: JDK[//opt/jdk1.8.0_05/jre]
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Compiling 12 source files to .../target/classes
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] javac: invalid target release: 1.8
> Usage: javac <options> <source files>
> use -help for a list of possible options

If I change the <jdkHome> in my toolchains.xml to /opt/jdk1.8.0_05
(omitting the trailing /jre), the build works fine -- but then, of
course, my tycho-compiler-plugin complains.

Is this a known issue or am I simply doing something wrong?

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH