Re: [tycho-user] building p2 repo w/o validating it

Hi Andreas,

The verify-repository goal checks that
* all artifacts references from installable units are present. (This consistency is also implicitly ensured by Tycho's repository aggregation code.)
* no artifacts are corrupted (e.g. broken pack200 artifacts or wrong MD5s). This can also only happen if a build is not set up properly, e.g. the pack200 compression is configured, but the additional p2-metadata goal is missing.

The main use case of the verify-repository goal is to check non-Tycho built p2 repositories.

Regards
Tobias