Re: [tycho-user] Tycho does not pick up java files during compilation

Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Conventional Maven project does not have enough metadata. You have to
> have META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, for example. Also, OSGi bundle without any
> java sources is very legitimate layout for projects that ship resources
> only, like fragments with native code, for example. Assuming Maven
> layout will be rather surprising for this kind of projects.

Still (and I am sure you know this), every Maven project inherits a
project.build.sourceDirectory of src/main/java from the Super POM.
Assuming this layout in the absence of a build.properties is therefore
entirely reasonable.

Also, even Maven projects containing no src/main/java folder still
inherit this value of project.build.sourceDirectory (and the
maven-compiler-plugin will look there for sources). So I don't buy your
argument about the resource-only Maven projects not having any source
folders; their POMs disagree (unless someone goes to great length and
overrides project.build.sourceDirectory, but I haven't seen this in the
wild).

Best wishes,

Andreas

--