Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:50:40 +0200
From: Kevin.Roussel@xxxxxxxx
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Failure of SWTBot-powered UI tests with Tycho

Hello,

I am currently building a continuous integration mechanism for our
Eclipse RCP-based applications, using Maven and Eclipse Tycho.

As a beginning, I have made a little "proof-of-concept" RCP application
(a minimalist Fibonacci suite calculator). Building this application,
and running JUnit test plugins causes me no problem.

However, I am now stuck when I try to run UI tests with SWTBot. These
tests pass without any problem from within the Eclipse IDE, but they
systematically fail when lanched from Maven/Tycho; the RCP application
starts, and the workbench appears for a fraction of the second, before
crashing with the following error message:
| java.lang.RuntimeException: Bundle
fr.openpeople.test.fibonacci.guitest is not found
| at
org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.OsgiSurefireBooter.getBundleClassLoader(OsgiSurefireBooter.java:133)
| at
org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.OsgiSurefireBooter.run(OsgiSurefireBooter.java:65)
| at
org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.AbstractUITestApplication.runTests(AbstractUITestApplication.java:44)
| at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.testing.WorkbenchTestable$1.run(WorkbenchTestable.java:71)
| at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

...where 'fr.openpeople.test.fibonacci.guitest' is the name and ID of my
UI-test plugin. Of course, this crash causes the tests to fail.

I must add that compiling and packaging this very same plugin with
Maven/Tycho causes absolutely no problem.

I use Tycho 0.15, with Eclipse RCP version 3.6 SR2 (last Helios release).

I am joining the complete Maven log (in debug mode), as well as the
complete source tree (POM included) of my test application, in ZIP format.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
--

Kévin Roussel