[tycho-user] Failure of SWTBot-powered UI tests with Tycho

Hello,

I am currently building a continuous integration mechanism for our Eclipse RCP-based applications, using Maven and Eclipse Tycho.

As a beginning, I have made a little "proof-of-concept" RCP application (a minimalist Fibonacci suite calculator). Building this application, and running JUnit test plugins causes me no problem.

However, I am now stuck when I try to run UI tests with SWTBot. These tests pass without any problem from within the Eclipse IDE, but they systematically fail when lanched from Maven/Tycho; the RCP application starts, and the workbench appears for a fraction of the second, before crashing with the following error message: | java.lang.RuntimeException: Bundle fr.openpeople.test.fibonacci.guitest is not found | at org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.OsgiSurefireBooter.getBundleClassLoader(OsgiSurefireBooter.java:133) | at org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.OsgiSurefireBooter.run(OsgiSurefireBooter.java:65) | at org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.AbstractUITestApplication.runTests(AbstractUITestApplication.java:44) | at org.eclipse.ui.internal.testing.WorkbenchTestable$1.run(WorkbenchTestable.java:71)
| 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

...where 'fr.openpeople.test.fibonacci.guitest' is the name and ID of my UI-test plugin. Of course, this crash causes the tests to fail.

I must add that compiling and packaging this very same plugin with Maven/Tycho causes absolutely no problem.

I use Tycho 0.15, with Eclipse RCP version 3.6 SR2 (last Helios release).

I am joining the complete Maven log (in debug mode), as well as the complete source tree (POM included) of my test application, in ZIP format.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
--

     Kévin Roussel