Re: [tycho-user] Simplified product definition?

Actually, in my case I can “trust” the repositories as these are produced “in-house”.

Fine.

I actually want to use my product build as a proof/validation that several p2-repositories can be eventually combined into a running Eclipse instance, without version conflicts, etc. And I want to do this following a continuous integration like approach: every new build of a source p2 repo should trigger the product build. To (continuously)  build a product is very attractive as it validates the mutual consistency of the p2 repos (= they can be installed together) and it creates a real executable instance which can be started (manually) to evaluate UI interactions induced by the combination of tools (each represented by an individual source p2 repository).

AFAIK, there is no way to extract/imply/deduce a product from a set of p2 repos.
But if your task is not to build a product, but "only" to install stuff from p2 repositories all-together, you could write an automated test which performs all those installations and report any issue.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat