Re: [tycho-user] Dependency from <blah> to nested classpath entry ...\lib\spring-context-2.0.8.jar can not be represented in Maven model and will not be visible to non-OSGi aware Maven plugins

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[del]
> The next problem, is that it is still failing.
> It has helped to configure Jenkins to run Maven with -X as the
> compilation errors reported are from tycho-compiler-plugin (which just
> uses jdt) and these don't appear in normal console output.
>
> Class files missing, and weird compilation errors for classes you know
> exist (either in well known jars or your own code) point to Windows
> path limitations[1].
> After creating the same path structure on my machine and attempting a
> recompile, I now get the same errors.
> I'm off to work out how to fix long path workspaces in Jenkins.

Ok, next luser error.

Its not a Windows Path limitation.

As part of the transition from pde-maven-plugin to Nexus I removed the
use of maven-dependency-plugin to copy the libraries our bundle needs
to run.
So while the logs clearly show
...\plugin\...client.plugin\lib\foo.jar
  etc
and the classpath looks valid, those jar files do not exist.

So of course it can't find classes needed to compile.

It worked on my machine, because I also removed the maven-clean-plugin
extension that deleted the lib directory, so those files still
existed.
It wasn't until I did a clean checkout that I also got failures.

I'm left with two options, which others have posted to the list previously
* Copy dependencies and manually edit files before releasing
(http://software.2206966.n2.nabble.com/Good-solution-for-non-osgi-jars-td5098103.html)
* OSGi'fy everything
I'll probably start a new thread to see if there is any new wisdom available.

Back to the top