Re: [tycho-user] Dependency from <blah> to nested classpath entry ...\lib\spring-context-2.0.8.jar can not be represented in Maven model and will not be visible to non-OSGi aware Maven plugins

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Igor Fedorenko
<ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The warning and the underlying limitation does not affect
> tycho-compiler-plugin and can't explain compilation errors.

Unfortunately this case is a luser error.
Without investigating the problem in enough detail and noticing
classes that we didn't write, I came to erroneous conclusions.
And as google had some hits on this warning message I thought it was a
real problem.

It works on my machine because the downstream dependencies were built locally.
When I blow away my maven cache and build again using the snapshots
from Nexus it fails.
After investigating this it is because the jars I want are from last
month, and haven't been rebuilt.
Turns out Jenkins is building the system and uploading them to Nexus
but is reporting errors that are not failing the build.
We needed to manually configure Jenkins in the Post-build Actions
section to enable "Assign unique versions to snapshots" after the
recent migration from Maven 2 to Maven 3.

The next problem, is that it is still failing.
It has helped to configure Jenkins to run Maven with -X as the
compilation errors reported are from tycho-compiler-plugin (which just
uses jdt) and these don't appear in normal console output.

Class files missing, and weird compilation errors for classes you know
exist (either in well known jars or your own code) point to Windows
path limitations[1].
After creating the same path structure on my machine and attempting a
recompile, I now get the same errors.
I'm off to work out how to fix long path workspaces in Jenkins.

  [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Back to the top