Though using Ant-plugin in order to be able to migrate an Ant project to use Maven is close.

I also would rather not create a static "lib.jar", not having the wrapping process inherent in the overall build is asking for an "unreproducible build" scenario somewhere down the line.

-Eric

On 15/05/2012 4:45 PM, Justin Georgeson wrote:
You could use aQute bnd to populate those jar files with OSGi headers, publish them to a P2 repo (can use Eclipse FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher headless app to create artifacts.jar and content.jar), and add that P2 repo to your project.
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Gwin [eric.gwin@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:00 PM
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] wrapping POJO dependencies...

Hi,

I have a situation where I want to build an OSGi fragment using Tycho, but it has dependencies upon POJO jars that are not public licensed. As a result I want to be able to wrap the dependencies at build-time into a single OSGi bundle.

My issue is that I'm unaware of a way to do this with Maven, let alone Tycho, so have been using the maven-antrun-plugin to have ant wrap the "lib" (packaging = jar) in the generate-sources phase. The parent pom lists it as the first module to build, even so, Maven/Tycho cannot resolve the included dependencies - I suspect it is because the jar is being generated outside the "Tycho build" and as such it is not included in the dependency resolution.

Any recommendations on how to best to accomplish the overall goal, and/or use Tycho to wrap the libs?

Thanks.

-Eric

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.