Re: [tycho-user] creating new eclipse plug-in project & incorporating it into maven?

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-442, but it somehow fell
through the cracks.

Igor

On 12-01-05 5:18 AM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
Naively, I would say that there should be a Maven archetype for Tycho
projects.

@Igor: Is there a particular reason where we don’t have them yet (other
than it just hasn’t been contributed yet? ;-)

Regards

Tobias

*From:*tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Matthew O'Connor
*Sent:* Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012 23:59
*To:* Tycho user list
*Subject:* [tycho-user] creating new eclipse plug-in project &
incorporating it into maven?

Hello,

What is the best way to create a new Eclipse plug-in project &
incorporate it into a Tycho-based Maven build? The best I've figured out
follows, but seems to be too many steps.

 From Eclipse:

Create a new plug-in project in the appropriate directory as you
normally would, say:

/parent/new.plugin.project

Set the output folder to "target/classes"

Right click on the project, "Configure" > "Convert to Maven project"

Set "groupId" to "project.group.id <http://project.group.id>"

Set "Packaging" to "eclipse-plugin"

Edit the new pom.xml.

Set the parent to the appropriate parent pom coordinates (here that
would be project.group.id:parent:1.0.0).

Edit the parent's pom.xml

Add the new artifact id to the parent's list of modules.

Save, build, and enjoy.