Re: [tycho-user] Why is Tycho manifest-first?

Am 16.11.2011 um 20:57 schrieb Max Rydahl Andersen:
> …manifest-first makes it much easier to migrate to from PDE-build and still be able to work with Eclipse PDE without additional overhead.

I'm new to both Maven and Tycho, so maybe I got this wrong - but as far as I understand: If you've got a p2 repository you can install stuff from, you can use it as a dependency in an MANIFEST.MF-first build approach. If you're out for a Mavenistic pom.xml-first approach, all dependencies need to be retrievable by Maven. This would limit the usable dependencies to the projects already converted to this approach, right?

FWIW, I did't touch Maven until ECE2011, and I'm impressed how easy this stuff is. Great job.

  Volker

Back to the top