Re: [tycho-user] What causes "Could not determine SWT implementation fragment bundle"?

I'm also seeing this error when I'm trying to build an older branch of PTP (ptp_4_1) that's based on Helios on Hudson. I'm running out of ideas so if someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the console output of the build. I've specified the "-X -Dtycho.debug.resolver=<artifactId>" command line parameters".

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/ptp-4.1/18/console

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Igor Fedorenko ---11/02/2011 06:10:43 AM---Short answer, this is expected to work without any configuIgor Fedorenko ---11/02/2011 06:10:43 AM---Short answer, this is expected to work without any configuration on your part, see for example tycho

Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2011 06:10 AM

Re: [tycho-user] What causes "Could not determine SWT implementation fragment bundle"?

Sent by:

tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Short answer, this is expected to work without any configuration on your
part, see for example tycho demo project [1]. For more specific answer,
we'll need an example project that we can use to reproduce the problem.

There is not enough metadata to "properly" resolve SWT from p2
repositories and we needed to workaround this in Tycho. The code you
quoted tries to find SWT fragment that matches requested os/ws/arch
among all bundles available from p2 repositories accessible by the build.

You can enable detailed Tych dependency resolution debug log using "-X
-Dtycho.debug.resolver=<artifactId>" command line parameters. This,
among other things, will dump complete list of all P2 installable units
accessible by the build as well as information about os/ws/arch
parameters used during the resolution. Hopefully, this will allow you to
understand if your p2 mirror misses required SWT fragments or Tycho
can't find the fragments for some other reason.

[1]
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-demo/itp01

Igor