Re: [tycho-user] Special Use Case to Discuss :: Building Custom Target Platform

Hello Tobias,

thank you for your hints.

> Are you building stage_2 with Tycho? If yes, you can put stage_1 to 3 in one reactor.
Yes, I am building stage_2 with Tycho and yes, I could put stage_1 to
stage_3 in one reactor. But actually, the later continuous integration
system built on Jenkins will execute the stages separately from each
other. It should build as less as possible after a change has been
committed in the SCM system.

> In stage_2 you are saying that you are merging three libraries into one OSGi library. This can lead to problems if your wrapper then meets other wrappers (e.g. from the springsource EBR) of one of these libraries in the same OSGi runtime. This tends to produce problems which require very advanced OSGi knowledge to resolve.
> Try to avoid creating own wrappers, and if you have to, you should wrap the libraries one by one.

Hm, this somehow sounds plausible... But I do not completely
understand what exactly the problem is. Anyways, I agree with you to
avoid creating own wrappers if possible. Unfortunately, I do have to
use several libraries which are only available as Maven artifacts, and
not as OSGi bundles. Do you know another approach of integrating such
libraries in a pure OSGi-based system? I only know about the Eclipse
Orbit project, but not all libraries are available there...

Regards
Timo

Back to the top