Re: [tycho-user] Signing jars and P2

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To make sure I understand, what is going to talk to a remote webservice
> for signing artifacts, currently released version of
> maven-jarsigner-plugin [1], a future version of of maven-jarsigner
> plugin or some other (yet to be written?) maven plugin?

First of all, this is hypothetical so far.

Second of all, my personal vague plan as a maven committer is to add
client support to the existing maven-jarsigner-plugin -- but it is
early days.

> And, to be clear, problems singing releases with Tycho are not specific
> to Eclipse infra.

Does the Eclipse signing infrastructure allow you to run the
maven/tycho build on the protected machine with the private key? The
impression I got from your previous message this morning was that it
does not, and that produces an additional problem over and above the
lifecycle issue. If you can run the build with the
previously-described workaround on the designated machine at Eclipse,
I see that the situation would be precisely the same as the proposed
situation at Apache.

These problems are caused by bad interaction of the