Re: [tycho-user] Signing jars and P2

On Sep 3, 2011, at 9:15 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

It is also possible to have solution specific to jarsigner plugin, which
I believe you suggest. This, however, will only work for one way of
singing jars and will not work for eclipse.org projects, for example,
which cannot use jarsigner plugin due to the way eclipse foundation
manages signing certificate(s).

It is beginning to look as if ASF may end up with a signing discipline
friendly to Tycho while Eclipse has none. Some might find this ironic.

What are you talking about? Do you even know how it works at Eclipse?

The signing of artifacts that go out as official releases at Eclipse must pass through a highly secured machine for signing, and it's the only mechanism by which something can be signed.

Igor